FAQ's ABOUT PERMANENT MAKEUP
What is Permanent Makeup?
Micropigmentation or more commonly known as, permanent makeup, semi permanent makeup or cosmetic tattooing is all form of tattooing. A hand-held device or a manual tool with a sterile needle is used to implant pigments beneath the dermal layer of the skin. This modern technology is used to enhance the look and restore the shape of eyebrows, eyes, lips and now hairlines on your scalp.
Who benefits from this?
Just about anyone who wants to eliminate the chore of applying basic makeup application to ease an individuals active lifestyle. It's quite convenient for those that suffers from allergies related to cosmetics, has vision problems or has unsteady hands due to motor skills impairment which both affects the effort of applying makeup . These methods helps to camouflage where hair has been loss and produce a more dense hairline therefore it's highly beneficial for those who suffers from hair loss disorders such as alopecia, cancer survivors that loss their hair due to medical treatments and over-waxed or over-tweezed eyebrows that lead to sparse or bald spots.
Are these procedure suitable for everyone?
These cosmetic tattoo procedures are not placed superficial meaning we have to deal with the skin... what type, what texture, what condition it's in, may determine if your skin is a good candidate receiving these procedures.
OMBRE BROWS, EYEBROW POWDER SHADING
- The best method for any type of skin
- Not the best method for oily skin, large pores
Does it hurt?
Pain varies per the individual's response to the anesthetic but you'll be surprise to learn that these procedures may be more tolerable than receiving a traditional tattoo. Makeup for Keeps, LLC is properly trained to use safe and effective topical anesthetics which results to almost no pain at all.
How long does a procedure take?
Cosmetic tattoo procedure may take up to an 1 hour depending on the individual skin's response. New appointments are usually blocked for a solid 3 hours to include consultation, mapping of design, choice of color, actual procedure and concludes with the review of aftercare. If receiving hairline pigmentation, the size of the area that requires application will determine the length of the procedure. Touch ups may only take less than 2 hours. Please prepare your day accordingly. It's best to stay hydrated, get a good night rest the night before, a good shower without aggravating the skin the morning of and eat a good decent meal prior to your appointment.
Is there a recovery period that requires me to take off from work?
You will experience soreness, swelling, redness and tenderness for a few days. Some may be sensitive to the sensations that may require some downtime or some may resume their day to day activity immediately after. Use your discretion if you wish to take day(s) off to recuperate. Take note that the color and shape of your new permanent makeup will temporary appear thicker and bolder in color which may take time getting use to. Your semi permanent makeup will go through a series of changes. Your skin will go through stages of healing and expect scabbing to take place 3-5 days later and may take an average of up to 7-14 days to completely exfoliate. Being aware of these stages will guide you how to go about scheduling your appointments around special events, meetings or functions.
How will my permanent makeup look after it heals?
Immediately after, the tissue around the procedure site may appear reddish and swollen. The shape and color may appear abruptly bolder but this is only temporary. After it heals, the appearance will dramatically soften. Your permanent makeup can be worn alone for a subtle natural look or add a touch of makeup to fit any occasion. The results will vary depending upon how your skin recovers. Healing stages will be as unique as the individual. For best results, it is essential that you follow your aftercare instructions provided by your technician. A second application is highly recommended to complete the look and to fine tune the areas that requires adjustments. To achieve optimum results, this is best carried out 6-8 weeks after the 1st application.
How long will my permanent makeup last?
The word "permanent" misleads people into thinking their tattoo may not require any touch ups...like ever! But anything that has color will eventually fade especially when exposed to the harsh elements. It's usually determined how an individual cares for their tattoo, what they expose it to or how their skin exfoliate on a daily basis. Unlike traditional tattoo inks, they last for a long period of time. Pigments are "semi permanent" so they may only last between 1 up to 3 years. To upkeep the look of your semi permanent makeup, a touch up or commonly referred to as color boost or top up, is recommended once a year. The versatility of these pigments gives an advantage to modify your existing permanent makeup as the makeup trends evolve.
How safe is this procedure?
Allergic reactions are possible but are reasonably rare when receiving a permanent makeup procedure. To ensure your safety, Makeup for Keeps, LLC uses the finest pigments and anesthetics available. We use sterile single use disposable needles and all procedures are done under the strict Local Health District Regulations Governing the Sanitation and Safety of Tattoo Establishments that regulates sterile, safe and healthy practices in preventing cross-contamination. For any allergy concerns, please discuss with your doctor first before scheduling an appointment.
Is a consultation necessary?
Yes! It's the ideal time to learn the process of your permanent makeup procedure. Being informed of all the risks and complications that may arise during and/or after is very important! Questions and concerns are addressed and building a rapport with your technician is a good way to make you feel more comfortable and build trust. Considering this procedure will be permanently placed on your face, you want to have ample time to decide if this procedure is right for you.
What happens on the day of my procedure?
- A consultation will first take place in helping you understand the micro-pigmentation process and its risks.
- Once you agree to continue to do the procedure, paperwork is required to be filled
- A "before picture" will be taken prior to mapping out the drawing of your desired shape and color selection will then take place. Once you approve the look, we then apply the topical anesthetic and let it sit for 25-30 minutes. The procedure will take place immediately after.
- You'll receive your procedure comfortably in a laying position on a facial bed unless you are required to sit upright due to a health condition. I will talk you through every step to keep you informed and will do my very best to keep you at ease. Topical anesthetics will be applied throughout the procedure to maintain your comfort.
- After your procedure is complete, a cold wipe or ice pack may be placed over the site to soothe the area if it requires it while we verbally go over your aftercare instructions thoroughly so you'll be fully aware on how to care for it when you go home. An aftercare kit will be supplied to you and an "after picture" will be taken as well.
- Lastly, you can schedule your follow up appointment. This is highly recommended to attain the best outcome of your permanent makeup. The purpose of this future appointment is to merely fine tune the healed results to complete your desired look. This is best carried within 6 to 8 weeks from your initial appointment to ensure your skin has properly healed between procedures. After that, simply enjoy the convenience of your new semi permanent makeup!